25 Nov 2010

10 DOWNING STREET TO MEET THE PRIME MINISTER



It was a distinguished moment as Club Captain to recieve a personal invitation to meet The Prime Minister Mr David Cameron at Number 10 Downing Street.
Its an incredible honour for the Club and the City of Bradford to have achieved positive recognition on such a national scale.
Being one of only two British Asians plying my trade in the Proffessional game I was happy to speak to both David Cameron and Nick Clegg about my career and some of the racial hurdles and barriers I have overcome to make the grade. The PM also commented on monitoring my progress for a number of years and remembered me from my Premiership and Championship days with Fulham and QPR.
He seemed a little mystified as to why why I have been in and out of the side despite leading the team to good results and performances. They were both also very supportive of the Zesh Rehman Foundation and believe it will achieve its aims of bridging the cultural gap in our society through the power of football.
Off The pitch its been frustrating being on the bench the last few games, my last ten starts in the league, 5 this season and 5 from the end of the last campaign we have won 7, drawn 2 and only lost 1 keeping 7 clean sheets and only conceeding 3 along the way.