22 Dec 2010

SIGNED FOR MUANGTHONG UNITED FC

I have signed for Thai Premier League Champions Muangthong United after 10 seasons of Proffessional football in the UK. Having been fortunate enough to have of sampled all four leagues in the UK it was time for a new challenge. The Club has an extremely professional set up, excellent training facilities, 25000 seater stadium and very passionate fans. Muangthong have had four years of success under the careful guidance of General Manager Ronnarit Suewaja winning back to back Premier League titles. It will be a good feeling to be part of creating footballing history again. I am looking forward to a new league, new style of football and a new culture which will help me progress as a person and player. I will continue to work closely with The PFA Management Committee and my Foundation which will be looking to have an overseas launch in the next six months.
Finally after 70+ appearances in all competitions for Bradford, very fond memories and the distinguished Honour of being the Bantams First Asian Captain in their 107 year history it was time to move on. I would like to thank the Chairmen, Directors, Players, Management Staff and Fans. I would like to wish the Club the very best for the remainder of the season. I would not rule out a return to The UK in the future. To read more visit the follwoing link http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bradford_city/9305900.stm