1 May 2017

LAST DAY SURVIVAL! 0-0 AWAY TO NORTHAMPTON TOWN FC.

Yesterday we played in a very important game to determine whether we would avoid relegation away to Northampton. We drew the game 0-0 which gave us the vital point to finish above the drop zone and maintain Gillingham Football Club league One status for next season. It was a game for ca=lm experienced heads, I was pleased to be able to use all of my experience to maximum affect and help us stay up. It has been a tough few months but the most important thing was to make sure we survived by hook or by crook which we have done. I played 10 games in the two months, scoring one goal and helping us pick up 14 points. I will now switch off for a little while, regather my energy before weighing up my options ahead of next season. I would like to thank all of the Gillingham, fans for sticking by the team and especially to the travelling fans yesterday who contributed to a tremendous end of season atmosphere.