28 Jun 2014

SOLID LEAGUE CAMPAIGN OVER..3RD PLACE FINISH, 2 TROPHIES, AFC CUP SECURED.

On Wednesday we wrapped up the super league 2014 proceedings  season away to Perak FA. It was a poor game which we lost against an opposition fighting for their lives. There are lots of positives to take from the campaign so far, a 3rd place finish is an improvement on last season, the goals against column has also improved from last season. In addition to that we won the Charity Shield trophy and FA Cup to secure a place in the AFC Cup 2015, all of this amounts to an excellent season with one more competition remaining, the Malaysia Cup. On a personal note I am satisfied with my contribution, I played in 28 out of a possible 29 games with a minimum of 6 more guaranteed in the upcoming cup I am on track for my seasons target which was to play 30+ games. The football scene comes to a temporary halt now in Malaysia for the fasting time so its a good time to reflect on the upcoming challenges.