29 Aug 2013

SAFF CUP 2013


I am delighted to be taking part in the SAFF Cup 2013 Competition in Nepal, representing Pakistan at International level is always an honour. The Tournament holds fond memories for me, back in 2005 I made my international debut in the tournament reaching the semi final on that occasion. We have a new head coach from Bahrain Who I have worked with in the past and I am sure he will be able to make a positive impact on the team. The South Asian Football Federation cup consists of 8 Countries, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Maldives, Bhutan, Sri Lanka and this years hosts Nepal. The region is very passionate for the game so the games will be intense with National pride at steak. Our opening game of the is against fierce rivals India. The mood in the camp in good and the morale amongst the players is also very good.