27 May 2012

FA CUP WINNERS..TREBLE WINNING SEASON!!!

LIFTING MY THIRD TITLE
PARTY TIME WITH EVERYONE
Yesterday we overcame Pegagus in The FA Cup Final at The Hong Kong Stadium to round off a fantastic season for Kitchee and one that will go into the History books of Hong Kong Football. After the mid week disappointment of losing in the knockout stages of The AFC Cup we displayed tremendous character, spirit and determination in an enthralling game which rightly highlighted our winning mentality and never say die attitude. We were losing the game 3-1 with only a few minutes left of extra time but we never game up and managed to get two late goals right at the death. we eventually won the game 5-4 on penalties to end a very enjoyable first season in East Asia for me and the team. I was pleased to hold my nerve and stay composed to put away the third penalty. I will now have a much needed and deserved break to rest and re-charge my batteries for next season, which I'm sure will be even tougher as we are the team to beat. I would like to say a huge Thank You to all my team mates, the physio, fitness, trainer, manager, coach, kit man, club officials and of course all of the passionate fans for making this season one of the most enjoyable and memorable in my career to date.
DELIGHTED TO HAVE LANDED THE CUP