12 Jan 2012

HONG KONG....NEW CLUB KITCHEE SC



I am delighted to have signed a one a half year deal with Kitchee SC in Hong Kong. I am looking forward to the challenge and getting started. The club play an attractive style of football and after meeting the directors and owner I was impressed with their ambition, drive and vision for the club. It will be good to play in The AFC CUP again as I really enjoyed the experience of travelling over Asia playing against good sides in 2011. We have games in Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia all to look forward to.

Thailand was a great experience, The Thai Premier League will continue to go from strength to strength and I would like to thank all the players, staff and officials at Muangthong for a wonderful experience in 2011.

I would like to say a special thank you to all the MTUFC fans, fans of Thai football and the people for all their continued support.

I had some very good offers in other parts of Asia but all my attention and focus now is on Kitchee in East Asia. I want to learn as much as I can from my new coach and help my new team mates on and off the pitch as much as possible.

The Club have shown great faith in me and equally happy to have me in Hong Kong. President Ken Ng said:

"Kitchee is happy to have secured Zesh has our Asian Foreigner for the upcoming AFC Cup competition. Not only has Zesh played at the highest level in England, he has also demonstrated his leadership and good nature as an indiviual who shares our values. We believe that he will make a positive impact at Kitchee and in Hong Kong football".