5 Dec 2009

BRADFORD UPDATE


We are four months into the season and currently find ourselves 4 points off a play of place. I am dissapointed to be missing the game at Darlington, the first in the league this season due to a very tight hamstring which was niggling me since the thumping 3-0 victory over Grimsby Town. There are plenty of positives to date, the club has had its best unbeaten run for 25 years this season, Only lost 1 in the last 6 league games to a rochdale team that has been together along time and it was only the third time I have tasted defeat as the captain from 16 league games. The Rochdale defeat was a blow, but you dont become bad players or a bad team overnight. A win over Darlington will take us within 1 point of the play offs with a massive chunk of the season remaining. I would just like to wish my Pakistan International team mates good luck in the SAFF CUP which kicks off today, I have no regrets about my choice to stay with Bradford through the hectic Christams period rather than play in these Internationals even though its always a huge honour.