26 Mar 2009

CHELSEA F.C SEARCH FOR AN ASIAN STAR!










Earlier in the week I did interviews with Eastern Eye, The BBC Asian Network and The Official Chelsea Website.
It was to promote Chelseas serach For An Asian Star project which they have just launched.
It basically a trial for Asian Kids, based around The Football Icon Programme, with the winner getting a place at the Chelsea Academy.
Nicolas Anelka and Greame Le Saux are also involved and as an Asian footballer Chelsea asked me to lend my support.
Even though Chelsea are Rivals to my parent club QPR and my first club Fulham I was more than happy to do it.
Anything that helps get more Asian kids playing football is good for me.
For more info on Search For An Asian Star check out http://www.chelseafc.com/ ( The picture was taken at Valley Parade, home of Bradford City F.C)