16 Jun 2008

Pfa Supporting The Cause For More Asian Players


A Few months ago there was a very productive meeting with the PFA regarding the under representation of Asian players in Proffessional football. Bobby Barnes and Simone Pound kindly invited me to the PFA offices to discuss my career path and also help put suggestions to them on how to get the next generation of potential Asian players into the system. We also spoke about some of the cultural boundaries/obstacles that faced me on my route to becoming a footballer.
I feel very fortunate to be in the postion im in and nothing else would give me more pleasure than to see a steady incline in the number of Asian proffessionals over the coming years. The PFA are very active in helping to overcome this problem and with the feedback of myself, Adnan Ahmed (Tranmere Rovers) &Anwar Uddin (Dagenham & Redbridge) hopefully some of these issues can be tackled. No doubt it will be very diffucult to increase the numbers overnight but the interest and potential is definately there amongst Britains Asian community.
The official PFA website http://www.givemefootball.com/ has a section dedictaed to this issue. It can be found by clicking The Pfa and followed by clicking the PFA and anti racism.